The application process for your 2021-22 Study Abroad placement is determined by your department. Please read the information below to familiarise yourself with the relevant application process.
Application made to your department
If you are a student within one of the following departments, your application for your Study Abroad placement is made directly to your department, who manage their own application, deadlines and allocation of placements.
- Bartlett School of Planning
- ESPS (European Social and Political Studies)
- Greek and Latin
- Hebrew and Jewish Studies
- History (with the exception of a small number of 'UCL-wide' options; please liaise with your department for more information)
- Institute of the Americas
- ISPS (International Social and Political Studies)
- School of Pharmacy
- SELCS (School of European Languages and Culture)
- Slade School of Fine Art
- SSEES (School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies)
If you are a student from one of these departments and are eligible to study abroad next year, please liaise with your department for the relevant application information.
Application made to the Study Abroad Team
If you are a student from any other department (i.e. one which is not listed above!) your application is made to the Study Abroad Team. Please refer to the Application guidance notes below for a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to apply. Once you have familiarised yourself with the process, we invite you to begin Part 1, which is the 'Approval' stage for your chosen universities.
Please Note: In a change to the advertised process, applications will no longer be made through Portico. Please refer to the Application guidance notes for full instructions on how to apply.
The 2021/22 Study Abroad application for students applying centrally has now closed.
If your application is made to your department, you should follow application deadlines as confirmed by your Study Abroad Tutor.
If your application is made to the Study Abroad Team, the following deadlines are in place:
- Application process for 2021-22 Study Abroad placements opens on Monday 9th November 2020
- Your three university choices should be submitted to us using the online form above no later than 4pm (UK time) on Wednesday 9th December 2020
- Your application form and all supporting documentation should be submitted to us by email no later than 4pm (UK time) on Wednesday 16th December 2020.
We are unfortunately unable to consider late or incomplete applications.