Student Enquiries Centre
June 2021 - the Student Enquiries Centre in numbers:
2,429 askUCL enquiries closed by team.
381 phone calls answered
615 third party verification requests verified via Hedd
8 seconds is the average call wait time
99% of calls were responded to within 20 seconds
98% of askUCL enquiries closed by the Student Enquiries Centre Team were responded to within 5 working days
Student Enquiries Centre awarded Customer Services Excellence Standard
In order to be awarded this independent standard, the Student Enquiries Centre have clearly demonstrated that we will always:
- Put you as the customer at the heart of our service provision
- Consult with you in a meaningful way to deliver improved service
- Ensure we have a truly customer-focused culture throughout the team
- Provide you with accurate and comprehensive information
- Listen to your views about the service provided to make adjustments to the way we operate
- Deliver a timely and high-quality service
We always welcome feedback from students and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Find out more about sharing your views.
Students will be able to book an in-person appointment with the Student Enquiries Centre from Monday 19th July.
Students can book an appointment via the following routes:
1.The Student Enquiries Centre booking form on askUCL
2. Our telephone service +44 02031088836*
Telephone service hours*: 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Fridays; 11am - 4pm on Thursdays.
Appointments are avaliable as 10 minute slots from 11am-3pm Monday-Friday. Please allow 3 working days for us to process appointment requests. In exceptional cases, we will offer emergency same-day appointments when required.
The main purpose of our appointment service is to allow students to collect hard-copy documents and to submit forms that require a wet stamp and handwritten signature. Students will be able to continue to access us for advice and guidance via askUCL and our telephone service.
We are currently responding to online enquiries between the hours of 9am-6pm and we aim to provide you with a response within 5 working days.
Self-service remains the quickest and most efficient way for students to complete certain processes and obtain key documentation. We recommend that students use the following self-service opportunities:
- The extensive database of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on askUCL.
- The letter self-service options on Portico where students can print off a statement of student status or statement of award.
- The personal details & address containers on Portico where students can update their preferred name, title and addresses.
*Upcoming amended opening hours
The Student Enquiries Centre will have amended opening hours on the following dates:
- Tuesday 20th July - CLOSED
- Wednesday 21st July - CLOSED
- Tuesday 27th July - 11am - 4pm
For further information on how UCL is testing, reporting and managing cases of Covid-19.
The Student Enquiries Centre team value your feedback. Please complete this feedback form and tell us about your experience with our team.